POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Why does my leopard-Pigment change when switiching to Megapov? : Re: Why does my leopard-Pigment change when switiching to Megapov? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does my leopard-Pigment change when switiching to Megapov?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 28 Jun 2000 08:19:28
Message: <3959ed50$1@news.povray.org>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote...
> Hi,
>
> I have a mostly transparent leopard-pigment (turbulence 2, frequency 1.01)
> on a cone which gives me some spots. When I render the scene in Megapov
0.5a
> I get much less spots then in official Pov 3.1g (watcom-compile). I didn't
> change anything (not even the version-setting) in the scene file, just
use
> Megapov as renderer. Shouldn't it behave like offical Pov when the version
> is set to 3.1?

If you ever use
    #version unofficial ...
in your scene, then you'll need to use
    #version official 3.1;
to get POV to switch back to the old noise.  Simply using
    #version 3.1;
will not be sufficient.

Interesting... with that indenting, my reply looks slightly like poetry.
Emphasis on "looks".  ;-)

-Nathan